In 1964 Albino Sella ransomed some hectars with his job of tenant farmer. From 80s the ownership has expanded and in 2000 it reaches three thousand olive trees and four hectars of vineyard with the entry of Albino's grandson Mirko Sella.
Mezzane Valley is a little green paradise with cosy and well-worked slopes.
The place is not very urbanized and it is free from industrial entrerprises. Therefore there is a perfect synergy between human being and nature with development of agricultural sector.
The ground of these steep hills is composed of white marble called “biancone”. This type of soil is originally poor but worked during centuries by human being who took advantage of its conformation even to reach a perfect terroir for excellent wines.
Human settlement dates at Paleolithic Age in the valley, thanks the richness of the abundance of water.
It is proved that a community allocated here during the Roman Emperor, because the presence of a local strett, Via Cara which started from Postumia and arrived to Castrum of Mauro di Saline. But the most ancient documentary evidence that shows the existence of a locality called Mezzane dates at 1035. It is a matter of some manuscripts where it is tell about a donation of some lands of “Lavanei, Maximagi, Mezanarum” which the Bishop of Verona did to Monastery of San Nazaro.
Subsequently Pope Eugenio III gave to the Bishop of Verona Teobaldo some lands among which “plebem de Mezano cum capellis et decimis et castello et familiis”, through the seal of 27th April, 1215.
Since 1550 it had been a recycling of tranquility of the valley and some country mansions were built.